ARTICLE I – NAME
The name of this corporation is Olympia Chinese Christian Church.
ARTICLE II – OFFICE
The principal office for the transaction of the business affairs and activities of the corporation is at Olympia Chinese Christian Church, 4501 19th Ave SE, Lacey, WA 98503.
ARTICLE III – DOCTRINE
The Olympia Chinese Christian Church believes that the Holy Scriptures, namely the Old and New Testaments, is the Word of God and Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the head of the church.
ARTICLE IV – STATEMENTS OF FAITH
ARTICLE V – OBJECTIVES
This corporation shall be a non-profit religious and charitable organization. Our main objective is to unite believers in fellowship for spiritual edification and winning of sinners to Christ particularly among the people of the local community and its vicinity, and for the dissemination of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through domestic and world missions.
To achieve this purpose, this church shall diligently study and make good use of the means of grace God has bestowed, i.e. the Word of God.
Our vision is to become a church of the Word-centered, theHoly-Spirit–filled, life-transformed, character-rebuilt, servant-hearted, mission-minded, leadership-skill-developed, and team-work oriented disciples of Jesus Christ.
ARTICLE VI – POWERS
The church shall have the power to perform the followings:
- To purchase and sell or mortgage real estate and do all necessary regarding the real estate of the church in order to achieve the objectives of the church.
- To receive funds for and on behalf of the objectives of the church.
- To invest funds and personal property coming into its hands as authorized by the church board and distribute funds in corporation with other local or overseas Christian organizations.
- To publish and distribute the Gospel literature, dispatch missionaries, and preach the Gospel as outlined in the above-stated objectives including educational programs, Bible study fellowships, prayer meetings as well as regular church services.
ARTICLE VII – MEMBERSHIP
Qualifications for membership shall consist of:
- hearty acceptance of the doctrinal principles defined in Article IV- the Statements of Faith and the general principles and objectives of the church.
- Having been baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- 18 years of age or older and having been regularly attending the church Sunday services and Bible study group.
The church members have voting rights.
ARTICLE VIII – CHURCH BOARD
The church board shall be composed of elected church members.
A board member must be qualified as defined in I Timothy 3:1-13.
A board member must allege loyalty to the Lord through Olympia Chinese Christian Church and shall not at the same time be a core worker, elder, deacon or minister of another Christian organization.
A candidate for a board member must be an active church member and has physically been attending this church regularly for at least one year prior to the election.
The candidate shall be first nominated by the board president or by three board members and then elected by a majority of the congregation votes.
A board member may be dismissed by a 2/3 majority vote of the church board if his or her conduct has become contrary to the Word of God.
The president of the church board shall be appointed by a majority vote of the board members.
The term of the board membership including the president shall be two (2) years and can be extended.
The church board shall meet at least quarterly or be convoked by a majority of the board members.
The church board shall have the authority to decide annual budgets for the church and the responsibility to report financial results to the church as well as exclusively control of special or designated funds.
The church board shall have the responsibility to monitor the spiritual direction of the church.
The board shall have the authority to hire, observe, and dismiss pastor(s) or staff.
Special congregational and business meetings may be called by a majority of the church board.
ARTICLE IX – PASTOR(S)
The church board shall select a qualified servant of God to be a pastor, whose faith and practice are in agreement with the Statements of Faith defined in Article IV and with the principles of the church.
After seeking the will of God and under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the board shall reach a unanimous agreement and present the selection to a congregational meeting convoked for this special purpose for prayer and confirmation.
The selection of the pastor shall be confirmed by a 2/3 majority of the votes of all members present at the confirmation.
The pastor shall have the following responsibilities and duties according to the abilities God has bestowed upon him:
- Teach the Word of God and preach the gospel;
- Administer baptisms, Holy Communion, prayer meetings, marriage and memorial services.
- Exercise concern for the needs of the church members by visitation.
- Exercise evangelistic concern for the local Chinese community and the local college ministry.
- Serve as a voting member of the church board, except for special matters in regard to the pastor.
The church and the pastor shall abide by the following rules and regulations:
- Provisions for the pastor’s salary, vacation, benefits and participation in opportunities for service and professional growth shall be established by the church board at the time of the call and reviewed annually according to the performance of the pastor.
- A new pastor shall have a 12-month probationary period and both the church and the pastor can unilaterally determine whether to continue the employment relations or not.
- The pastor shall not serve at the same time at another church or Christian organization as a leader.
- Inviting speakers to the church shall be a decision of both the church board and the pastor.
- In the event that the pastor resigns, a letter of resignation is required and shall provide a 30-day notice and be read to the church board.
- The pastor shall be employed at will, and the church reserves the right to terminate the pastor at will, with or without cause, at its sole discretion. The pastor may end his employment relationship with the church at any time with or without cause.
- The consideration of the dismissal or termination of the pastor shall be the decision of the church board by a 2/3 majority vote, and the decision shall be effective immediately;
- The pastor who resigns or is terminated by the church shall not establish a church within 30 miles of the Olympia Chinese Christian Church.
ARTICLE X – BUILDING(S)
According to ARTICLE VI, the Olympia Chinese Christian Church has the power to purchase the real estate in order to carry out the purpose and objective of the church.
After seeking the will of God and under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the church board shall agree unanimously and present the decision to the congregation. The purchase deal shall be confirmed by a 2/3 majority vote of all church members present.
Upon dissolution of this said corporate body, none of the assets shall be divided among the members of the said corporate body, but shall be transferred and distributed only to other non-profit organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to be utilized exclusively for religious, charitable or educational purposes. The said recipient corporation shall be chosen by the church board.
ARTICLE XI – AMENDMENTRS
Amendments to these Articles of the Bylaws of the Olympia Chinese Christian Church shall be as follows:
- The said amendments must first be approved by the church board and recommended to the congregation.
- They must be presented to the congregational meetings or special meetings specially called for the purpose of amending the Articles. The said amendments must be approved by at least a majority of the votes of the members present.
- No amendments shall be made for Article III, IV and V of the Bylaws entitled “”DOCTRINE”, ”STATEMENTS OF FAITH”, and ” OBJECTIVES”.